Pages

lundi 30 octobre 2017

Divided basket

I was commissioned by my mom to make two baby gifts and I took this opportunity to try a pattern I had for a while, Divided Basket by Noodlehead.
Ma maman m'a passé une commande pour deux cadeaux de naissance et j'ai profité de cette occasion pour essayer un modèle que j'avais depuis quelques temps, Divided Basket par Noodlehead.

Luna Lovequilts - Divided Basket pattern by Noodlehead - Tabby Road fabric collection by Tula Pink

I made the first basket with Tabby Road collection by Tula Pink. I just loved the 'cans of sardines' print and bought it in different colours, with matching prints from the same collection.
J'ai réalisé le premier panier avec la collection Tabby Road de Tula Pink. J'avais adoré l'imprimé 'boîtes de sardines' et je l'ai acheté dans différentes couleurs, avec en plus des imprimés coordonnés de la même collection.

Luna Lovequilts - Divided Basket pattern by Noodlehead - Tabby Road fabric collection by Tula Pink

I went for a more conventional style for the second one and used some prints from a fat quarter bundle I bought at Quiltcon earlier this year. I think they are all Cotton and Steel fabrics.
J'ai opté pour un style plus classique pour le deuxième et j'ai utilisé des imprimés d'un lot de fat quarter que j'ai acheté à Quiltcon au début de l'année. Je pense que ce sont tous des tissus de chez Cotton and Steel.

Luna Lovequilts - Divided Basket pattern by Noodlehead - Cotton and Steel fabrics

I used Essex Linen fabrics which are linen-cotton blends for the exterior of both baskets.
J'ai utilisé des tissus Essex Linen qui sont des mélanges lin-coton pour l'extérieur des deux paniers.

Luna Lovequilts - Divided Basket pattern by Noodlehead - Cotton and Steel fabrics

I had to work with two different lining fabrics for this basket since I had only fat quarter cuts. Same for the front pocket. I think it goes well with these sweet prints and muted tones though.
Comme je n'avais que des tailles fat quarter, j'ai dû travailler avec deux tissus différents pour la doublure de ce panier. Idem pour la poche de devant. Mais je trouve que ça va bien avec ces imprimés doux et ces teintes discrètes.

Luna Lovequilts - Divided Basket lining - Cotton and Steel fabrics

I used fusible tape to make things easier for the first time and it worked nicely for holding pieces together while topstitching.
Pour me faciliter le travail, j'ai utilisé pour la première fois de la bande thermocollante et ça a très bien fonctionné pour maintenir les pièces ensemble lors des surpiqûres. 

Luna Lovequilts - Divided Basket lining - Tabby Road fabric collection by Tula Pink

Another tool I used is my Hera marker which was very useful for marking hems.
Un autre outil que j'ai utilisé est mon Hera marker qui a été très pratique pour marquer les ourlets.

Fusible tape and Hera marker

I made for each basket four washclothes with matching fabrics. I even had to piece one since I ran out of the Tula Pink prints ...
J'ai réalisé pour chaque panier quatre lavettes avec des tissus coordonnés. J'ai même dû en piécer une car il ne me restait pas assez de tissu dans les imprimés Tula Pink ...

Luna Lovequilts - Washcloth - Tabby Road fabric collection by Tula Pink

I found this idea on the Internet and replicated it in my own way. Just let me know if you'd like to see the process step by step. I wrote it down and also took some pictures for a future use and I can share them here.
J'ai trouvé cette idée sur Internet et répliquée à ma manière. Faites-moi savoir si vous aimeriez avoir un pas-à-pas de la réalisation. J'ai pris des notes et quelques photos pour une utilisation future et je peux les partager ici.

Luna Lovequilts - Washcloth - Cotton and Steel fabrics

I used terrycloth for the back and it was really easier to sew than what I expected. Except for the fact that I had to vacuum my sewing room and clean out my sewing machine afterwards ... If you live in the area you can find terrycloth and a lot of Vlieseline products at Créa'Fil shop in Champagne (Suisse - Vaud).
J'ai utilisé du tissu éponge pour le dos et c'était vraiment plus facile à coudre que ce à quoi je m'attendais. Excepté le fait que j'ai dû passer l'aspirateur dans mon atelier et nettoyer ma machine à coudre après ... Si vous habitez la région, vous pouvez trouver du tissu éponge au mètre et beaucoup de produits Vlieseline à la boutique Créa'Fil à Champagne (Suisse - Vaud).

Luna Lovequilts - Washcloth - Cotton and Steel fabrics and terrycloth for the back

I really enjoyed working on these projects and I hope the recipients like them. I will definitely use this pattern again for future baby gifts.
J'ai vraiment apprécié de travailler sur ces projets et j'espère que les destinataires vont les aimer. Je vais sûrement réutiliser ce modèle pour de futurs cadeaux de naissance.

Luna Lovequilts - Two Divided Basket pattern by Noodlehead


This was project #3 on my list for the last quarter of 2017 Finish-Along !
C'était le projet #3 sur ma liste pour le dernier trimestre du Finish-Along 2017 !


I am linking up with Gosia for Quilter's MondayKelly for NTT 
and Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday